Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Anti-blank walls of Primary


Well, they are not totally blank...there's a couple of little bug kites hung in the corners. I was just asked to be the nursery coordinator in church.
My plan is to make this a happy place for the kids to come. A place to learn and feel loved. My first priority is not only for the kids, but an aid to me. To learn their names. This week I will take photos of the children and the nursery workers. Im going to make an apple tree wall hanging to be hung by the door. It will have leaves with our names on them. There will be a holder which will contain apples made of felt, with pictures of each of us. When we come to nursery, the first thing will be to go to the holder and put our "apple" next to our name. This will be a good first thing for each child to do, plus help us adults, including new people (like me!) and subs learn each childs' name. A very important thing.

The next priority will be singing. I need to make singing visual aids. I will write about this later as I make these things. First I need to take inventory of what is already there, which I will do tomorrow.

And to lively up the room and get rid of those giant white walls pictured above, I will paint a mural on canvas to be hung on rods above the toy boxes. I have a PERFECT reference pic for that and Im pretty excited about it. That will be done this week, and will also be posted....STAY TUNED! I've just begun!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment